|Season 3, Episode 24|
|Air date||December 7, 2013|
|Written by||Erik Patterson & Jessica Scott|
|Directed by||Neill Fearnley|
"Bad Egg" is the twenty-fourth episode of season 3 of R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series.
An irresponsible boy named Jason is only one screw-up away from being shipped off to military school as per his strict father and must prove himself responsible when assigned to care for an egg as part of a school project. Trouble is, the eggs donated to the school are rejects from a biochemistry lab harboring an ostrich-like monster that is not fit to live among humans, and now Jason must keep his father from knowing about his latest mistake while keeping the monster away from two government agents posing as pest control workers who want the monster back.
- This episode is similar to the Goosebumps book Egg Monsters from Mars, as they both have kids bonding with egg monsters that turn out to be nice while the actual threat involves scientists.
- Writer Erik Patterson said he wishes he could have done more with this episode.
- Nicholas Carella as Gibbs
- Johnny Cuthbert as Dad
- Glynis Davies as Topik
- William B. Davis as Plumberg
- Sean Michael Kyer as Sam
- Aedin Mincks as Jason
- Carrie Ruscheinsky as Mom