|Season 2, Episode 1 & 2|
|Air date|| October 1, 2011|
October 8, 2011
|Written by|| Dan Angel|
|Directed by||Peter DeLuise|
Creature Feature is the first and second episodes of season two of R.L. Stine's the Haunting Hour.
A film buff gets sucked into a 1950s B-horror movie called I Was A Teenage Tick.
A film addict named John gets invited to a beach party by his friend Nathan. He reveals he hit it off with a popular girl, Lisa, because she recently went through a break up. Initially, John tries to have the two stay for a movie marathon. After some pushing he goes. On the way there John goes to a drive-in because I Was a Teenage Tick, a cheesy 1950s B-movie, is playing. Nathan and Lisa are forced to follow. As they look around, the place seems deserted. When they are in the projection room John gets sucked into the movie. His friends try to get him out with no avail. John tries to warn the female lead character Margery about the movie's primary villain Dr. Mangle, but she doesn't believe him. A police officer arrives and questions Nathan and Lisa. However, he gets sucked into the movie, and killed by the teenage tick. John rescues Margery, but the two become experiments. In a desperate attempt to get John out his friends cut the film. While this works, it is revealed that John was bitten by the tick. The three call the police as the officer was also rescued from the film and is in poor condition.
The next day, John begins acting strangely. Nathan calls to inform him that the events from last night are mentioned in the paper; however, there is no mention of a drive-in theater. Later that day, Nathan and Lisa go to John's house to check up on him. While they can't find him, it is revealed that John has morphed into a tick monster. That afternoon, Nathan and Lisa discover a poster waranting the arrest of a monster that has been terrorizing the neighborhood. They realize that it's John and come up with a plan to save him. That night, the two return to the drive-in to discover tick monster John hiding in the projection booth. By taping the film they had previously cut, they are able to start the film and transport all three of them inside it.
Once inside, Lisa and Nathan become experiments. As they battle their way out, they manage to save John and Margery (who have fallen in love), and kill Dr. Mangle. As the film ends,Lisa and Nathan escape but John is nowhere to be found. Just then, the projector starts playing a trailer for a sequel to I Was a Teenage Tick, in which John is the star of the film. Lisa calls John from inside the movie to assure him that they will get him out. But Nathan realizes that John decided to stay because he was happy there. As Nathan and Lisa say their goodbyes to John, Margery bursts into the scene as a tick monster. John simply says, "Fade to black," as the episode (and trailer) come to a close.
- Dan Pelchat as Tick John / Tick Barry
- This episode was based on the book of the same name by Marty Engle and Ray Barnes.
- Brendan Meyer and Matt Angel previously played Will and Jake Skinner respectively in the season 1 episode, "The Dead Body".
- Sarah Dugdale also played Taylor in "Wrong Number".
- Emma Grabinsky also appeared in the season 1 episode "Ghostly Stare" as Lauren.
- Cameron Bancroft, who portrays Dr. Wright, also appeared in the season 1 episode "The Walls" as Sean.
- Dan Pelchat also appeared in the season 2 episode "Pumpkinhead" as Pumpkinhead #1.
- Paul Herbert, who portrays Deputy Knotts, also appeared in the season 1 episode "Really You: Part 1" as Lilly's Doctor.
- When Lisa and Nathan ride up to the drive- in, the word "Twilight" can be seen on the the drive- in poster. The font and color look very similar to Stephanie Meyers' "Twilight"