|Season 3, Episode 17|
|Air date||October 19, 2013|
|Written by||Erik Patterson|
|Directed by||Michael Robison|
Funhouse, sometimes spelled as Fun House, is the seventeenth episode of season 3 of the television show R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series. It aired on October 19, 2013.
Bitter and angry over his father abandoning his family and his mother too busy with work to care, a boy named Chad becomes addicted to visiting a traveling fun house, where he can let out his familial frustrations with sadistic glee by smashing a model replica of a family arguing at the dinner table, but the more time Chad spends at the fun house, the meaner and more addicted to the violence he becomes. Is the fun house turning Chad evil or are his inner demons making a monster out of him?
The plot of this episode is currently unknown.
- Dylan Minnette as Chad
- James Pizzinato as Carnie
- Debbie Podowski as Mom
- Macayla Bre-Ann Woodley as Kelly
- Dylan Minnette also appeared in the season 2 episode "Brush with Madness."
- Writer Erik Patterson has said that with this episode, they "wanted to explore a family that was falling apart, through the lens of this kid who didn’t have the vocabulary to really deal with the emotions he’s feeling. He doesn’t know what to do with his rage, and it kinda drives him crazy. Anger can consume a person. Chad doesn’t know how to deal with his anger in a healthy way, he doesn’t know how to talk through his emotions, and he doesn’t have a support system."
- This is the only episode directed by Michael Robison.
|The Haunting Hour Episodes|