|Season 1, Episode 5|
|Air date||January 8, 2011|
|Written by||Katherine Boutry|
|Directed by||Neill Fearnley|
The Dead Body
The Red Dress
Nightmare Inn is the fifth episode of R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series. It is based on the story of the same name from Nightmare Hour.
Jillian and her mother stay at a creepy isolated inn. Too bad this inn turns out to have an awful secret. It is haunted by Werewolves.
After the death of her father, Jillian moves into the Knight Time Inn with her mother; however, she has been having recurring nightmares about it, which her mother dismisses. While there, they meet Priscilla, one of the hotel's staff members, who show them their rooms.
The next morning, Jillian seems to have lost a necklace her father gave her, she decides to search for it while her mother goes out for an important meeting. While doing so, she meets Caleb, the town outcast. Priscilla sees the two of them talking and warns Jillian to stay away from him claiming he is very dangerous. Caleb likewise tells Jill that Priscilla is a psycho formerly obsessed with him, and is a kleptomaniac. Jill later finds her necklace in Priscilla's room, and her conversing with Caleb.
That night, Caleb tries convincing Jill to stay, revealing himself to be a werewolf. Jill tries asking Priscilla for help, but finds that she's a werewolf as well; Caleb and Priscilla were arguing over who would get Jill, and revealing the reason they stole Jill's necklace was because it was made of silver. Trying to escape, Jillian is protected by another werewolf, who returns her necklace.
Jill wakes up in bed, with her mother going on about her father, saying he had green eyes and it feels like he's out there protecting them. This shocks Jill, who remembers the third werewolf's eyes were green; the reason her father never came back was because he was turned into a werewolf, most likely by Caleb or Priscilla. Later that night Jillian's father is shown watching the inn and howling at the moon.
Differences from the story
- In the story, the other male Jillian meets is an older man named James who warns her he is a werewolf and comes here during the full moon so no one gets hurt, and he warns she should leave.
- In the story, there are no hints of Priscilla's nature until the climax.
- The story ends with the implication that the climax was all a dream, but when Priscilla shows up to help her, Jillian notices a cut on her neck from the fight with James.
- In the story, Jillian's father does not turn out to be alive and thus this aspect does not get a payoff.
- Madeline Carroll later appeared in Detention, and Richard Harmon appears in Scarecrow.
- Richard Harmon won a Leo Award for Best Performance in a Youth or Children's Program or Series for his performance in this episode.