|The Most Evil Sorcerer|
|Season 2, Episode 13-14|
|Air date||January 7, 2012|
|Written by||Melody Fox|
|Directed by||Peter DeLuise|
"The Most Evil Sorcerer" is the thirteenth and fourteenth episode of the second season of R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series. It first aired on January 7, 2012. It is based on the short story of the same name from Nightmare Hour.
In a medieval English town ruled under a corrupt sorcerer named Margolin, two teens named Ned and Sara, set out to dethrone the sorcerer and rid him of his magic.
When Ned and Sara discover that the sorceress named Gresilda who helped them dethrone the evil sorcerer Margolin was taught black magic by him, Ned takes revenge against the sorceress, and Sara worries that Ned's obsession to learn magic may drive them apart.
Two siblings Ned and Sara are apprentices to a powerful sorcerer named Margolin who abuses them like a slaves, as shown when Sara says something, the sorcerer takes her tongue away, but she recovers it.
- Jodelle Ferland as Sara
- Connor Price as Ned
- Gina Holden as Gresilda
- Michael Ironside as Margolin
- Karin Konoval as Old Gresilda
- Jacob Blair as Hiker
Differences from the story
- There is no Sara in the story.
- In the story, Ned was a prankster who was sent to Margolin to discipline him.
- In the story, the other wizard Ned teams up with is a man named Shamandra.
- In the story, the fact that Ned teamed up with the other wizard is a twist.
- The other wizard in the story was not evil.
- The story ended with Ned telling the other wizard that he's going to show him a trick, implying he was going to make him vanish like they did with
- The story had a part where Ned asked Margolin for help defending himself from the other wizard, and eventually saying yes after Ned saves him from one of the other wizard's spells.
- Jodelle Ferland also starred in the season 1 episode "My Sister the Witch".
- Connor Price also appeared in the season 1 two-part episode "Really You".
- Gina Holden, who portrays Gresilda, also appeared in the season 1 episode "The Walls".
- Karin Konoval, who plays Old Gresilda, also appeared in the season 1 episode "Wrong Number".
- This is the first and only "Haunting Hour" episode to have taken place in the past.
- Guest star Michael Ironside & Director Peter DeLuise worked together in the 3rd and final season of SeaQuest DSV, which was renamed SeaQuest 2032.
- The story had a sequel called "How to Bargain With a Dragon" in the collection The Haunting Hour. It was likely not adapted due to the both the twist of this episode and budget limitations, as the story focused on a bunch of dragons.
- The short story came about as a dare from another author, who challenged Stine to write a story that takes place in a world different from our own.